If you are unaware of what the ideal healthy weight is for a woman, then the BMI is the best way to know. Several women utilize the body mass index (BMI) in order to know if they are truly at a healthy weight. This is one of the most popular weight assessments which is being utilized today. With this, the individual will get their bmi score. The score depends on their height and weight. The higher the BMI score is, the more likely you are near to develop illnesses that are health related. For both men and women, the normal BMI ranges from 20 to 24.99.
Obviously, if you get anything lower than twenty, you will be labelled underweight. If you get a score that is higher than 24.99, then you will either be overweight or obese.
As a woman, you should also check the circumference of your waist. If you believe you are overweight, then you should start eating healthy and exercise regularly so that you can shed those pounds and be the healthy, new you. Individuals who have a body mass index of forty or above are classified as being morbidly obese. Those that are higher than forty will be more at risk of developing health-related problems. BMI under 18.5 is widely considered underweight however, a BMI between 18.5 to 24.9 is considered as healthy weight range. Also BMI between 25.0 to 29.9 is considered as overweight and you should notice that the BMI over 30 is considered obese as this applies for both men and women of all ages.
BMI Table for Women
- BMI is less than 18.5 = Underweight
- BMI is 18.5 to 24.9 = Normal weight
- BMI is 25 to 29.9 = Overweight
- BMI is 30 or more = Obese
Disadvantages of Body Mass Index
There is a drawback to this index and that is the fact that it is not accepted universally. Aside from this, it does not count for the muscle-fat ratio. It could actually overestimate risks for those who do physical exercise.
Note, As you have already noted, your body mass index (BMI) is directly proportional to your weight; the more weight you have, the higher the BMI and vice versa. This is because the BM!. Your body weight divided by your height in meter squared. That said, therefore, it’s important to keep an optimum weight and you will be sure to maintain the ideal BMI.
How to check your ideal body weight base on your height and frame size?
A woman who stands at 5 feet tall should weigh 100 pounds. If you are over 5 feet tall, you should add 5 pounds in every inch to get your best weight. If you fall below 5 feet, just deduct 5 pounds in every inch and it will give you the ideal weight too.
Your frame size also a factor to check the best weight that you need to know. Now you’re going to measure your frame size.
Measure your wrist using the measuring tap. If your wrist measure below 6 inches you are considered small, then you just deduct 10 per cent from your perfect weight. If your wrist measures above 6 inches, then you are considered large and you just add 10 per cent from your ideal weight. If you measure exactly 6 inches you don’t need any calculation to adjust your weight.
Now you have your ideal weight using a handy tip above. Being overweight in a matter of 10-20 pounds is not really an issue to have a strict diet program. What you need is to reduce unhealthy food intake to keep you fit and healthy. You can lose those extra pounds with the help of regular exercise. A healthy food and right exercise will give you a healthy lifestyle.
BMI Calculator For Women And Benefits
If you are one of those people who think that using a BMI calculator for women is useless, then you need to realize that this belief is very far from the truth. Here are some of the reasons why.
- It can stop you from following the wrong diet and exercise plan: Believe it or not, not all diet plans and exercise programs have the same goal. Some of them are developed to help you lose weight while others are developed to make you gain muscles. This is the reason why you should be well aware of the exact needs of your body? Do you need to gain more weight? Should you try to acquire muscles after losing weight? How long should you follow your diet plan or your exercise regimen? You will be able to answer all of these if you calculate your BMI.
- It can serve as a wake-up call for busybodies: Women are notoriously known for being busybodies. This is the reason why you can easily find yourself doing more than one thing at once without even knowing it. When this happens, you tend to forget about the fact that you need to take care of your body. Since using this calculator won’t really take up so much of your time, you will be motivated to use it since you are well aware of the fact that it can help you get your body mass index in just a couple of seconds. Once you are aware of the result, you will be able to face the fact that something might be wrong with you since the test is very objective and accurate.
- It can paint a clear picture of how healthy you really are: Looking at yourself in the mirror is not a good way to tell if you have weight issues or not This is because there are some instances wherein women who are more petite or bigger than the average person do not have weight problems while those who look normal have one.
- It can help you save the lives of other women: By being aware of the importance of using this type of calculator, you will be able to spread the word that women all over the world should use it regardless of their age or nationality. You will be able to do all of these and more once you recognize the importance of using a BMI calculator for women.
In order to maintain a healthy weight and become fit, you should consider the these practice in your daily life. Having a balanced diet is a must. You must have fiber-rich food. Avoid oily foods, junk foods, processed items, sugary foods, eating fat etc.
You should avoid smoking 8 drinking alcohol and take in a lot of water at least 12 glasses of water every day. It is also important to take a natural detox drink in the in the morning such as lemon and honey, cayenne pepper and maple syrup, etc.
Lastly, however not the least, have a natural diet suppressant like Acai berry. It is a super-food that is very rich in the nutrients and plays a vital role in retaining healthy weight. It is also an effective colon cleanser and an anti ageing agent as well.