Well, most of us aim to build the perfect muscles in our body. This, however, is not an easy task and requires a lot of perseverance and hard work. Hitting the gym and lifting weights is something that is really fundamental and basic to muscle mass building in your body. There is much more to it that you might have thought. The following article lists down some of the most basic rules that should not be forgotten if you are trying to build muscle mass.
- 1 1. Work Hard:
- 2 2. Do Not Ignore the Basic Fundamental Exercises:
- 3 3. Eat Healthy Food Rich in Protein:
- 4 4. Be Careful with Cardio Exercises:
- 5 5. Be Careful of the Most Important Things in Your Work Out Regimen:
- 6 6. Sleep Adequately:
- 7 7. Change Your Workout Routine a Little Every Now and then:
- 8 8. Long-Term Commitment:
- 9 9.Track Your Progress:
1. Work Hard:
You obviously cannot get the desired results without working hard. When we say work hard, it does not only mean that you should be lifting weights. You should also follow proper eating and sleeping regimen. Without following the above, lifting weights religiously at the gym will not fetch you nay results whatsoever.
2. Do Not Ignore the Basic Fundamental Exercises:
One of the mistakes many people do is that once they start new and more aggressive exercises, they tend to forget performing the basic fundamental exercises. This is however, an incorrect approach and you might not want to repeat this mistake. Basic fundamental exercises should also be performed in addition to the new ones that you might have learnt over time.
3. Eat Healthy Food Rich in Protein:
It has often been recommended that if you want to build adequate amount of muscle fat in your body, you should always go for protein rich food. Some of the best examples of food items that are rich in protein includes eggs, white fish, tuna, whole milk, amongst others. Stay away from the different junk foods that are high in fat content. However, you should eat everything within the recommended quantity.
4. Be Careful with Cardio Exercises:
Most of the muscle building exercises are often teamed with high intensity cardio exercises. The same, however, may not be very fruitful and you might have to be really careful when you are training in a number of cardio exercises. However, there shall not be any harm if your trainer recommends some amount of time in indulging in the high intensity cardio exercises every now and then.
5. Be Careful of the Most Important Things in Your Work Out Regimen:
When you are trying to lose weight, you tend to get very comfortable. However, as already mentioned you have to keep changing the daily routine of your workout regimen to some extent little by little. While doing the same, much care must be taken that you do not forget the following basic variables:
- The intensity of the workout should be adequate. Intensity does not imply that you pick up a very heavy weight and just do 1 or 2 repetitions. in fact, as otherwise understood, intensity implies that you should exercise using a weight which allows you to perform at least around 6 to 7 repetitions of the exercise.
- Exercises with a higher volume of workout are considered to be much more effective in order to build muscle mass.
- You should definitely take some amount of rest in between various forms of exercise. Resting for too long and too short a time will also not lead to effective results. You can take around 60 seconds of rest after completing each set.
6. Sleep Adequately:
One of the most basic rules of building muscle mass is that you should get enough sleep in the night. No matter how hard you work out to get the much -needed muscles and toned body. If you are not able to get enough sleep, all your hard work will go for a toss. If you fail to get as much sleep as you require, you will lose on your energy levels and your intensity of work out will eventually decrease.
7. Change Your Workout Routine a Little Every Now and then:
When you perform the same work out on a regular basis, the body seems to get used to the routine. The result of this is that after a point in time, your body will stop reaping the benefits of your hard work completely and the growth of the muscles will eventually stop. You can change a lot of things slowly. For example, you can change the amount of weight you use during the work out session, the total rest period you take when you work out, the number of repetitions, etc.
8. Long-Term Commitment:
Another important rule that you must keep in mind is that you should not do too much hurry and think of getting the desired results overnight. That never happens. You have to be committed to the aim that you have set up for yourself. For this, the ideal way of going around is that you should not be over ambitious and go for a high intensity work out every day of the week. You might want to go maintain a proper balance. If you are over aggressive, you might end up getting hurt and this approach is never sustainable in the long run.
9.Track Your Progress:
Finally, it is really important that you keep track of how much you are progressing each day. For that, you need to have a particular target in mind and accordingly the progress for the same can be tracked. You can weigh yourself everyday and record the result. Not only that, you need to record the amount of sleep that you get every night, the amount of food intake, supplements if any that you might be taking etc. all these need to be recorded and borne in mind. You after all are yourself accountable for your fast or slow progress.
Thus, follow the above-mentioned rules if you are looking forward to getting the muscle mass in your body as desired.