Tired of trying various means of losing weight and still not getting the desired results? Well, this is the story for most of us. We are always in the lookout of losing weight. Hence, we try various ways of achieving the perfect body that we might have always desired for. One is to drink hot water. Although drinking hot water may not give you 100 percent guarantee of losing weight, it certainly can aid the process. Let us find out how in the article that follows:
How Does Hot Water Help in Weight Loss?
Hot water can help in accelerating the process of weight loss. Here are some of the most important ways in which the same is achieved:
- Water is the most powerful and one of the best hydrating agents that your body requires on a daily basis. When the cells of the body are hydrated in an appropriate manner, the nutrients in the body are absorbed appropriately. Besides, the different waste products can be gotten rid of easily. This, in turn, helps your efforts of losing weight to a great extent.
- Warm water is also known to help in the process of losing weight to a great deal as it helps in the breakdown of fat that have been deposited in the body to a great extent. The muscles as well as the different organs of the body are therefore in a position to function in an efficient manner. The effect of all this is that the metabolism function of the body is improved. This, in turn, helps to lose weight in an effective manner.
- Another point to be noted is that if you drink warm water at least 10 to 15 minutes prior to the meals that you eat, it will go a long way in helping you avoid the possibility of overeating and you will tend to fill full faster and also longer. Thus, this process again helps you lose weight effectively.
- It is often believed by most of the experts that water in any form-whether hot or cold is beneficial for your body and can go a long way in helping you lose weight. However, one important aspect in which hot water is considered slightly more important than cold water is the fact that the hot water is retained in the stomach for much longer period. The result of all this is that you feel less hungry and in turn, automatically lose weight.
Benefits of Drinking Hot Water if you are Trying to Lose Weight:
The following are some of the more important benefits of drinking hot water if you are trying to lose weight:
- Hot water has been known to aid in the process of digestion. When you make it a habit of drinking hot water on a regular basis, you are kept away from constipation and other undesired digestion issues. It is for this reason that it is often recommended that you drink hot water and keep constipation at bay to the maximum extent possible.
- The blood pressure of the body is maintained within the normal levels if you have the habit of drinking hot water on a regular basis.
- When you drink a glass of hot water on a regular basis, the fat which has been accumulated in your body tends to break away. Besides, the toxins are also gotten rid of by the body as the glass of warm water helps to improve the functioning of the kidneys thereby ensuring that the body is free from all toxins and waste products. Also it is recommended to drink water in the morning before going for a walk.
- The blood circulation in different parts of the body is known to improve significantly is you are someone who makes it a habit of drinking warm water on a regular basis. Improved blood circulation, further goes a long way in helping the body to get rid of all toxins and unnecessary waste products.
- Besides, drinking hot water goes a long way in helping you get rid of all the dryness in the skin and makes you look much younger.
Tips to be Kept in Mind:
As seen above, hot water can really help you in shedding all those extra calories. However, the following few tips need to be kept in mind:
- You should not get over-ambitious and drink too much of hot water. The target should be to drink around five cups of warm water on a daily basis.
- Sometimes, you boil the water and make it hot. But the actual consumption happens only at a later stage. It is important to remember that you should avoid the scenario where the water becomes cool. Water needs to be warm while you drink it.
- Another way of effectively using hot water for weight loss purpose is to add cut slices of lemon, ginger, as well as cucumber and leave the mixture overnight. Post that, in the morning, the water needs to be heated and then drunk for best results.
Drinking Water in any Form Is Helpful:
Is it often argued that waterin any form goes a long way in helping you get not only the skin that you might have always desired for, but it also aids the overall process of losing weight? I this context, let us first understand that whether or not only hot water is beneficial or whether we can drink water in any form.
Few experts are of the belief that the mindset of the people as per which they tend to belief that drinking hot water helps you lose weight is actually not correct and it is a myth in itself. However, although the belief may be true to some extent as drinking hot water does aid your digestion and also helps the body to better get rid of all the toxins and waste products, the amount to which this effects the body is only a small amount and not to a significant amount. Besides, it is not necessary that all the benefits of drinking water are derived by only having hot water. Water in any form, whether hot, cold, as well as tepid might help. The only thing going in favour of hot water is the fact that it helps you feel full for a longer period of time and thus, you reduce snacking and the total calories intake.
Thus, as is clear from the above points, hot water does aid in the process of losing weight. However, there are other factors also that need to be borne in mind if you want to shed all those extra calories. Also always keep track of your body mass index and stay healthy.