Staying fit is one of the most important things if you want to enjoy a healthy life. Most of the people belief that going to the gym and getting into a rigorous exercise regime is the only way of staying fit. However, this is a misconception and you can easily stay fit by including some habits in your daily life. In this article, we see how to stay fit without going to the gym.
- Take the Stairs:
If you are not able to find adequate time to stay fit, it is time that you start taking the stairs to the maximum extent possible. The need for keeping up with the fast -paced world has made us take the escalator or the lift at all places. We can easily take the stairs and try to stay fit. So, next time when you visit a mall or go to your office, make sure you do not rush up for the life. Take the stairs instead.
- Opt for a Bicycle Instead of a Car:
Well, if you really want to stay fit, healthy and hearty, you should take to riding a bicycle to places you visit more often. Cycling is one of the best ways in which you can not only take advantage of fresh air outside, but it also goes a long way in helping you stay fit. Besides, you are also contributing to the environment by eliminating pollution to some extent. Finally, you should park your bicycle at some distance from your destination so that you can walk a few meters till you reach your office or a grocery shop.
- Walk as Much as You Can: In the sedentary lifestyle that we have, weseldom get a chance to walk. However, walking is the best physical exercise that we can indulge in as it requires the coordination of the entire body. Because of this, the different parts of the body is set in motion and the blood circulation of the body improves to a great extent. Avoid taking a car or an auto rickshaw if you have the option of walking short distances. For example, you can easily take a walk to the nearby grocery store or on your terrace. Devoting twenty to twenty-five minutes of your daily time to walking will really help you stay fit.
- Go for a Hike:
The most important and primary way to keep fit is to get your heart beat pumping. Hiking is not only fun but it will help you get the benefit of sound exercise as well. You will also be able to enjoy a breath of fresh air that you normally do not get in your day to day life.
- Play with Your Children: If you have children around, you need not worry about going to the gym to stay fit. Kids are always running in the household and you certainly do not want to leave them alone. You can not only run along with your kids but you can also play various other sports such as football, basketball, and the likes. This will not only make your kid happy but will go a great deal in helping you stay fit.
- Join Sports that you Love:
Love badminton? Or Tennis, or Football? Well, there are a number of options wherein you can join sports team of your choice. Playing sports is one of the best ways that will help you stay healthy and hearty. Besides, if you are someone who does not want to go alone and play the sports, you might even consider joining a sports team of your community, club, or even office.
- Walk When You Talk: Another way of ensuring that you get some type of exercise and get moving is walking as you speak or talk on the phone. When you are on the phone, you are normally engrossed in the conversation. However, you can better utilize the time by walking as you are talking on the phone. If you are sitting for a long time, you tend to get obese and with that come a number of health complications. Hence, you would want to stay fit and walk as much as you can.
- Stand When Possible:
Most of us have a sedentary lifestyle as you sit for hours and hours in from of the computer. However, if you are stagnant, the blood circulation in the body becomes really weak. You would want the blood to flow in a smooth manner so that you are fit and healthy. One of the ways of doing it if you are not exercising enough is to do tasks while standing. Some tasks do not require you to sit and do the needful. For those cases, you can stand. You should figure out the ways and options of moving around even when you are in close office quarters.
- Get a Pet and Walk Along: If you are too lazy to go to the gym you can make it a point to tale your pet to walk every day. If you do not have a pet of your own, you can still ask your neighbour who has a dog or a cat as a pet and you can walk along. This exercise is really great which goes a great deal in helping you stay fit.
- Do the household Cleaning Activities Yourself:
So what if you cannot find time to hit the gym? There are various activities that you indulge in at your home. All these activities can help you burn a lot of calories. For example, scrubbing, cleaning the floors, washing clothes with your own hands are just some of the various activities that you can do at home and try to stay fit.
- Practice Basic Exercises at Home: There are certain simple exercises that you can easily do at home as per your free time. Some of the yoga poses are really easy and also go a long way in helping you develop a great shape and also to stay fit.You can get into cardio exercises such as running. Not only that, if you are someone who loves to dance, you can even schedule particular time of the day where you can practice dance all by yourself. Dancing keeps your body moving and it is a great way to not only release the stress but also to stay fit and healthy.
Thus, the above are some of the best ways in which you can stay fit even without hitting the gym. So, if you are someone who does not want to go to the gym or attend a yoga class, just try the above-mentioned ways of staying fit. Also it is always a good idea to regularly check your bmi to know if you are overweight.